Newsletter Video, November 2023
Click Below - Add Your Own Comment
Disclaimer - The exercises here are for educational purposes only, and before you try any of them, consult with your therapist or doctor.
Upper Neck Mobility Exercises
- Focusing on the upper neck and head, nod your head up and down 10x, as if you are saying "yes". Repeat this 10 times.
- Again, focusing on the head and upper neck, rotate your head left and right, as if you are nonverbally saying "no". Repeat this 10x.
- Finally, imagine an axis going through your nose to the back of your head and pivot your head from side to side. Repeat this 10x.
- Place your thumbs together in the back middle of your head.
- Slide them down under the base of the skull.
- Then, apply moderate pressure and move your thumbs in a circular motion 10 times in one direction and then 10 times in the other.
Neck Traction with a Chin Tuck
- Keeping your thumbs at the base of the back of your head, clasp your fingers together and firmly grip the back of your head.
- Gently pull in an upward direction while simultaneously tucking your chin, as demonstrated here.
- Hold this for 20 seconds.
- Repeat it 2 or 3 times.
The information in this video is intended for informational and educational purposes only and in no way should be taken to be the provision or practice of physical therapy, medical, or professional healthcare advice or services. The information should not be considered complete or exhaustive and should not be used for diagnostic or treatment purposes without first consulting with your physical therapist, occupational therapist, physician or other healthcare provider. The owners of this website accept no responsibility for the misuse of information contained within this website.